I started to make a list of all the usual resolutions I have this time of year – eat less, save more, stay organized, etc, etc, and by the end of the list I was already bored and grumpy. So I decided to make an entirely different list, one that only involved fun things I mean to do and never quite get around to.
This year, I resolve to:
1. Eat more cake.
2. Work on my vintage lingerie collection.
3. Seek out new music. On vinyl.
4. Have more haircuts.
5. Wear more dresses.
6. Take more photographs.
7. Have picnics, indoors and out.
8. Consider beautiful flowers a necessity and not an indulgence.
9. Devote one day a month to antique and thrift-store scavenger hunts.
10. Visit the old-school photo booth.
11. Write more letters.
12. Have more adventures: that neon-green restaurant I have yet to go to, conquer Cape Breton, apple-picking, strawberry picking, the beach….
I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to working on my resolutions before, but this time I can’t wait to get started!